So it seems kind of ridiculous already having plans for my summer figured out...but I do! I accepted an internship at IRIS - Iowa Resource for International Service here in Ames. It will be an amazing opportunity to work with an international non-profit in central Iowa - really, you don't come across those too often :). I'll be working throughout the summer to find host families for Nigerian and Tanzanian students who will be studying in Iowa for the school year, planning their orientation, and making sure their schools are ready to accept them.
While I know that it will be a great opportunity, at this point it's hard to get excited about it. I did not see myself being in Ames next summer, and I haven't even left yet and I'm already making plans to come home. I am scared that an amazing opportunity is going to come up while I'm in Ghana and I won't be able to take advantage of it because I've committed to this. However my dad made a marvelous point; This is something I have the opportunity to do now - a great opportunity! More than likely something will come up in Ghana, but I need to realize that now is not the time to do it. I will go back. I'm only 20. And there will be plenty more.
So I am going to have a blast my last summer in Iowa. I'm going to learn as much as I can. I'm going to spend time with family and friends. And I'm going to love it!
love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Lovely,
Today, Ellen and I were in Target, and we saw your coat. It made us both start talking about youuu and how your goooone. We miss you already.
YOU LEFT THIS AFTERNOON!!! and I am already too excited to hear about your travels.
I am so excited for you. I hope your flights go well, and pre-Ghana adventures.
SO MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT,
Jeanna
After the reread, all I saw was I I I I I I I I I. Opps.
Lets correct this.
YOU left today. YOU will hopefully get a lot of reading done on your flights. YOU get another taste of Europe. YOU are going to love Ghana. YOU are going to do wonderful things. and YOU better keep in touch with me :)
LOVE!
Post a Comment