Sunday, November 23, 2008

T-49

So, the countdown has begun! In 49 days I will leave Minneapolis for Ghana, via Amsterdam. I'll be studying at the University of Ghana, Legon for 5 months. Legon is located just outside of Accra, the capital city.

Honestly though, while I am counting down, I don't want the day to arrive any sooner that it is already. I am SO excited to go, and really can't wait. But I'm also starting to realize how much I'm going to miss at home and in Ames. I'm starting to get emotional - about everything! Like "cry during High School Musical 3" emotional. It's just kind of surreal thinking of how life will go on like normal while I am so far away experiencing something completely different.

I'm trying not to think of it too much though, I have enough going on with finals and projects and Christmas! So for now, I will continue to count down the days :)

love

No comments: